Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Application Portal Update.
Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship: This scholarship is conducted by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA). And it is a Central Government Scheme.
Additionally, the scholarship application deadline is 31 October 2020. However, the objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students. Also, it is for those who belong to minority communities.
Also, the aim is to enable students pursue professional and technical courses. This article provides all the information you need for this scholarship. Also, it provides information about where/how to apply.
About Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship
This scholarship is offered under the MOMA scholarship category. Also, it is available for studies in India only.
It is awarded through an agency designated by the State Government/ UT Administration for this purpose. Additionally, as earlier said, the scholarship application deadline is 31 October 2020.
However, the objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance. And this is to the poor and meritorious students. Also, it is for those who belong to minority communities. And it rewards up to INR 20,000.
Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The Scholarship offered for Professional and Technical Courses under this category is targeted on community-based minorities.
However, since the number of applicants is more than the community quota, note. The merit list has to be followed. And the latter filtration would be based upon income.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks. Or similar grade in the previous final examination.
- Also, the overall annual income of the applicant’s parents (guardians) should not exceed 2. 50,000.
- Furthermore, the applicant must come under any of these Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Parsis/Zoroastrians).
- Again, the applicant should be pursuing a technical or professional course. And this is at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Additionally, the Scholarship Scheme is restricted if there are more than two students applying from a family.
Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Reservations
Reservations are provided based on the availability of scholarships. And this is for professional and technical courses. Also, the specified conditions are mentioned below:
- 30 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students from the minority community. However, the absence of filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
- Also, if any minority community in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilized, note. Then the scholarship will equally be distributed among the same minorities in other States and Union territories.
- Also, students from a particular State or Union Territory must secure Scholarship under the same state. This is irrespective of their place of study
Terms and Conditions for Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship
The rules and regulations for availing the scholarship are mentioned below:
- Students with regular attendance are eligible for the allowance. This is as there will be attendance scrutiny by the Institution.
- Also, renewal students who changed their institution during the academic period are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Furthermore, students are not allowed to benefit more than one scholarship.
- Also, the scholarship is not granted to the students who are doing a paid internship/ horsemanship.
- Additionally, any violation of terms and conditions of the Scholarship may lead to the Scholarship cancellation. And the student shall be debarred from any future scholarship allowances.
- Also, the allowance benefit will not be granted if a student fails to secure a 50 percent mark in their previous examination.
Documents Required for Applying for Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship
The details regarding documents required for applying for the scholarship are:
- Aadhar number or any alternative identity document while applying.
- Also, an income Certificate from the respected authority in the state.
- Students about 18-year-old are requested to obtain a self-certified community certificate.
- Also, Domicile Certificate.
- Additionally, passport size photograph of the student.
- Also, the mark sheet of the previous course/exam (Self Attested).
- Furthermore, the current course fee receipt.
Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on New Registration.
- Also, read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and Continue.
- Furthermore, select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Also, provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number).
- Additionally, select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Also, the mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly. This is because no changes can be made once submitted.
Also, the applicants are advised to fill only one application. This is because multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
Allowance Scheme is being divided under various factors.
- INR 20,000/- per annum Scholarship Course Fee.
- Also, INR 1,000/- per month maintenance allowance for the hosteller.
- INR 500/- per month maintenance allowance for day scholar.
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540
- Email ID: [email protected]
This is a unique opportunity. Thus, do not allow it to slip off your fingers. Ensure you apply for the Merit-Cum Means Based scholarship. However, before applying, ensure you meet the requirements.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Documents Required for Applying for Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship, Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship, Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Application Process, Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship Rewards and Benefits, Terms and Conditions for Merit-Cum Means Based Scholarship